This is an entry job or temporary position for new hires joining the company. Workers in the labor pool are assigned to operating and service departments to assist with extra work load, cover absences and vacations, and supplement crews required to meet unusual changes in the elements—heat, cold, severe weather, etc.
- Following satisfactory result on entry substance abuse test, a conditional job offer, and medical examination, the person is advised to report at the start of a shift to the Labor Pool Supervisor for assignment. Performs property-tending duties such as grass cutting, yard repair, weed elimination, snow shoveling, or water mop-up, while awaiting an assignment. Receives instructions from supervisor or group leader.
- Performs assigned laboring jobs such as plant sweeping duties, product repair and salvage reclaim (hand rework only), pallet repair, and scrap bundling and stacking on a pallet.
- Subs for machine operator in jobs such as hand punch press operator, hand crimper operator, spoilage rework operator. Works under direction of department supervisor or group leader and receives job training from department trainer.
- May be assigned to any unskilled job at the mill.
- Employees with previous training and experience as a forklift operator may sub for absent forklift operators, if employee relations department confirms previous work experience and the employee has a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- When a regular vacancy occurs in higher labor grades (non-posted jobs), supervisors may draw from employees in the labor pool who have shown adaptability to their work and successful job performance.
Enter your resume in the form below: